Tuesday 4 December 2007

Direct Action on Palatine Road

Lib-Dems - working hard for you all year round, not just at election time.







Last Saturday was Farmers Market day for the Village, and it was - as always - superb!

However I was shocked to see piles of rubbish left on the parade when the traders had left.
I went out to have a look, and one pile had spilled onto the slip road and was rapidly disintegrating when cars were forced to drive over it!

I moved all the bulky items onto the pavement, but it was still unsightly due to the polystyrene scattered everywhere.

I managed to borrow a broom from Bargain Booze (thanks guys!) and quickly swept it up.
I was told that the council normally do this after the Farmers Market had closed, but were running late this day.

I've written to the council asking them to be a bit quicker and to ask the traders to leave waste on the pavement, rather than the slip road.








Before and after.

No comments: